THE Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce the "21st AKS Summer Program for International Students." As an important part of our mission is to cultivate young leaders, who can contribute to the development of Korean studies, the academy has organized an intensive summer program for international undergraduate students in Korean Studies. This program is composed of various components, such as special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language course, field trips, excursions, and traditional cultural activities. Since its starting in 1993, we held the program for 20 times and around 600 students from 45 countries attended the program. For those who are interested in the 21st AKS Summer Program for International Students, please read the notification carefully and apply for the program.
July 15 (Mon) – August 9 (Fri), 2013 (4 weeks)
Language of the Program
Korean & English
* Except for some English lectures most of the program will be in Korean. Therefore the participants are recommended to possess basic Korean language skills.
Eligibility and Required Required Documents
Undergraduate students of second year or above from universities abroad who are majoring or minoring in Korean Studies and/or those who took Korea related lectures from their universities.
*Those who are in graduate school or hold Korean nationality are not eligible for this program.
2. Required Documents
1) Application Form: Available to download from our web site at http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english
2) All Official University Transcripts: Photocopies are not acceptable. (Original Document Only)
3) “Korean Proficiency Evaluation Sheet” included in the application form (No.7)
4) 2 Letters of Reference
※ Letters of reference should be submitted in a sealed and signed envelope.
5) (Optional) A copy of the score report for Korean Proficiency Test
* All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, a certified translation of the document into Korean or English should be added to the original copies.
* Applicants should initially send the required documents by E-mail and subsequently send the original copies by mail no later than March 15 (Fri), 2013.
January 8 (Tue) - March 15 (Fri), 2013
* Applications received after the deadline will be not be considered.
Notification of the Acceptance
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance after AKS has completed the review of the applications. The result will be notified individually via e-mail on early April.
Academy of Korean Studies will cover the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations, and meals during the program as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions.
* All participants are responsible for their own travel expenses including the round-trip airfare and transportation fee between airport and AKS.
Guesthouse Check-In & Check-Out
Participants should arrange their travel to arrive and depart AKS guesthouse within a period of 2 days of the program.
1) Check-in: July 13 (Sat) ~ 14 (Sun), 2013
2) Check-out: August 10 (Sat)-11 (Sun), 2013
Access to AKS facilities
Participants will have access to the facilities of the Academy, including the guesthouse, library, photocopy room and so on.
Application Reception Address
Promotion of Korean Studies Abroad Division(Library Building Room #113)
Center for International Affairs, Academy of Korean Studies
323 Haogae-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 463-791, Republic of Korea
Ms. Seungyeon Jung(Program Coordinator)