- Theme: Korean Studies for the Advancement of Global Civilization
- Date: Mon. Oct. 25 ~ Thu. Oct. 28, 2010
- Venue: Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Official Languages: Korean, English, Chinese(Mandarin)
- Jointly organized by the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS), Chinese Culture University, International Society for Korean Studies (ISKS), Pacific and Asia Conference on Korean Studies (PACKS), Korean Studies Association of Australasia (KSAA), Association for Korean Studies in Europe (AKSE), Central Asian Association for Korean Studies (CAAKS) and the Committee on Korean Studies-Association for Asian Studies (CKS-AAS)
25th of Oct. (Mon) Welcoming Banquet
26th of Oct. (Tue) Opening Ceremony, Sessions
27th of Oct. (Wed) Sessions, Closing Ceremony
28th of Oct. (Thu) Post-conference Cultural Tour Optional
- Designated Session (Individual Proposal)
History, Sociology, Culture/Anthropology, Political Science, Economics/Trade/Industry Law, Art, Folklore, Literature, Education Science/Technology, Philosophy, Religion, Language
-Free Paper Session (Panel Proposal)
This session is to present participants' interests and reflections on Korean studies. A panel proposal including the topic of the session and organizing plan is required.
-Special Session (Individual Proposal)
@ Korean Language Education and its Exchanges between China and Taiwan
@ Cultural Exchanges between Korea and China / Korea and Taiwan
*Each panelist has 30 minutes. There is a 20 minute time limit for the presentation and 10 minute for discussion.
Scholars and professionals, including graduate students pursuing a master's or doctorate
Paper submissions will only be accepted via email to email@example.com from January 26 - April 30, 2010. Once you have submitted your paper, you will receive an e-mail confirmation within 3 working days. The abstracts will be reviewed based on content and suitability. Selected presenters will be contacted individually by May 28, 2010 and notified about the guidelines. Submission of the full paper (10-15 pages) is due via e-mail by Aug. 27, 2010.
* The abstract cannot exceed 1 page (A4 size) in English, Korean or Chinese.
** Please complete enclosed application form and send it as well as your abstract and CV.
***For the free paper session, a panel proposal, abstract and CV of each panelist is required.
****Congress homepage will be accessible starting Monday, March 8, 2010.
*****Please download application form. http://www.aks.ac.kr/eng_home/notice/notice_read.asp?num=87&group_id=87"
Accommodation & Fee
Full meal coverage (Oct. 25 Dinner ~ 28 Breakfast) and 3 nights lodging (Oct. 25- 28, 2 per room) will be provided for all congress participants. (An extra fee will be charged if you require a single room.)
@ Registration fee: US$ 45, KRW 50,000, TWD 1,300 (Cultural Tour is not included.) (Student fee: US$ 25, KRW 30,000, TWD 780)
Korean Studies Junior Scholar Paper Prize
We cordially invite students in Korean studies to apply for the Junior Scholar Paper Prize. To apply, please tick on your application form for 'KOREAN STUDIES JUNIOR SCHOLAR PAPER PRIZE APPLICANT'. The committee will screen your paper and select the best thesis. Awardees will be acknowledged for their achievements. Master and doctorate students are eligible to apply for the prize.
Secretariat: Academy of Korean Studies
- Questions: Contact Sue-min Kwak to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.aks.ac.kr/congress
- E-mail: email@example.com
- TEL: +82-31-709-9843
- FAX: +82-31-809-9945